Monday, November 28, 2016

General TSO Extravaganza Sauce 6 servings

Just Micro wave bowl and just reuse for each batch to keep the mess minimum.

General TSO Sauce 6 servings
Does not count as a snack.  But pushes the limits of sodium. Adapted from Deb Spence's Recipe

1/2cup chicken or beef stock
2 tb.sp Worecestershire Sauce
2 tb.sp Light Soy Sauce
2 tb.sp  Cider or Wine Vinegar
2 tb.sp  Sesame Oil
1 tb.sp  dried Orange Peel (bulk Barn in spice section)
2 tb.sp minced Ginger
4 tbsp Xylitol or equivalent sweetner
1 tsp red pepper flakes
1/2 tsp  pepper pd
4 packages of Tru-Orange flavouring (ONS)optional
Mix in a microwavable bowl and heat for 2 minutes to blend flavours it.  Pour in appropriate container for the number of serving you will use. I create 3 container with 2 servings . 
I usually marinate my meat in the sauce for an hour or so.  Then take it out of the sauce, serving as much of it as possible.  I add the remaining sauce in the last 5 minutes as usual. You don't have to do this, but it's nice.  I usually use beef strips with the general TSO Sauce it reminds me of my favourite fish from Chinese restaurant.  SPICY ORANGE BEEF.  I usually serve it on plain or fried cauliflower rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment