Monday, September 13, 2021

Sourdough Boule SFM 5 star

  I autolyse the flour(s) and water for at least 30 minutes. After then add in the rest of my ingredients and use my Kitchen Aid with the dough hook and mix the ingredients for 7-10 minutes, depending on how the dough is pulling together.  I do 3,5,or 8 folds in every 20-30 minutes and then bulk ferment for 2-3 hours depending on the temperature of my kitchen.Shape and place the dough in a brotform (covered wih a towel or plastic wrap) then refrigerate overnight to be baked the next morning. 

Note
The first rise (just after mixing) usually looks kind of like shaggy.  Do the stretch and folds until it holds together (3,5,8) times.  I usually have to do 5-8 stretch & folds until I’m happy with how it feels.  I think you’re OK, just keep on strengthening the dough until you can form it into the boule.

 Mine is always well integrated and smooth, even at 78% hydration (78 g water for every 100 g of flour be sure to include starter amounts in the calculation)

Mine was super wet too.  Like stick to your hands bad wet.  I used a little oil on my hands and it turned out fantastic.  




No comments:

Post a Comment