Sunday, June 17, 2018

Phase 1 cake

OI just tried my hand at baking with phase 2 in mind and I'm wondering if this will be acceptable. They are so moist and delicious.
I adapted a laurainthekitchen recipe, substituting sugar for splenda, flour for carbquick, cream for milk and raspberry preserve for non sugar added and added xanthan gum... the frosting was smooth until I added the raspberry, but it's still presentable (I only used 1/2 of the frosting.
Ingredients:

1 Cup Splenda

1 Stick Un-Salted Butter, softened

2 Eggs

2 tsp Vanilla Extract

2 tsp Baking Powder

1/8 tsp Salt

1/8 xanthan gum

1 1/3 Cups Carbquick

1/3 Cup 10% cream

For the Frosting:

1 Stick of Unsalted Butter, softened

½ cup no sugar added Raspberry Preserves

½ tsp Vanilla Extract

3 cups Splenda

Fresh Raspberries, for garnishing

my quick calcs indicate that these would have 12-15 grams of fat each, and we are supposed to be at 6 grams of fat or less. If you cut the butter in half (and change to canola) and used almond milk instead of cream - youd get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment